It seems like the auto-matching functionality of Google Music hasn’t been working for the last few days. I tried to upload 4 albums that I ripped to FLAC, but not one song got a match. I find the system is better at matching FLAC files than it is at matching MP3 files. I’m guessing because it doesn’t sample the music and instead just goes by the ID3 tag and song length.
All 4 albums are available for sale on Google Music, so I know Google has a copy. I converted them to MP3 files just in case, but they still didn’t match. Traditionally, I get a match ~99% of the time (with FLAC files), so I know something is up.
I will try again in a few days to see if the issue has been corrected.